Transparent
Inloggen
Sluiten

Ajax Forum » Algemeen Ajax forum » What's happening to Ajax? Benfica fan here.

Deze normale topic is open en bestaat uit 1 pagina.

Hello Ajax fans. I'm asking this question to a couple of forums im founding online because i believe your club is in a simmilar situation to Benfica.

Both historic clubs are now a shadow of their former selves, forced to profit on inflated transfers but, because of poor management(likely someone is profitting through it all), the club hasn't developed or; has fallen tremendiously.
Ajax spent a lot of time in the relegation zone last season, bounced back for europa league football; struggled to win against Panathinaikos on 34 penalties. I think that's quite shameful for a club your size.

Benfica fans had to suffer a whole calender year relying on Di María to grind out results with every match being pain and suffering to watch. This season, that hasn't changed.

Both clubs also have ridiciously high wages and buy players that don't fit in with the squad.

I'm aware what's wrong in Benfica but; what is truly wrong in Ajax? For the lack of a better word, why are they so terrible? A few seasons ago, you were in the semi final of UCL. 10 years ago, we were in the Europa League final. Now, both clubs can't get past the quarter-finals.

+2/-0

Buying players who are not good enough for too much money with too high wages, that’s what the problem is.
Our German friend Mislintat was the one who did this to us, but our management accepted it so were just as responsible. Bad management is the key.

+1/-0

open/sluit de onderstaande quote:

EigenKracht schreef op 20 augustus 2024 om 16:26:

Buying players who are not good enough for too much money with too high wages, that’s what the problem is.
Our German friend Mislintat was the one who did this to us, but our management accepted it so were just as responsible. Bad management is the key.

It started the year before that to be honest, but it's true that Mislintat did the most damage.

Bringing in Bergwijn for a record 30 million euros was a ridiculous deal for a club like Ajax and totally unnecessary. I said this since day one, and I've been proven right ever since. By far the worst purchase ever. This happened before Mislintat.

+1/-0

3xA schreef op 20 augustus 2024 om 21:44:

EigenKracht schreef op 20 augustus 2024 om 16:26:

It started the year before that to be honest, but it's true that Mislintat did the most damage.

Bringing in Bergwijn for a record 30 million euros was a ridiculous deal for a club like Ajax and totally unnecessary. I said this since day one, and I've been proven right ever since. By far the worst purchase ever. This happened before Mislintat.

Het begon eigenlijk al bij het vertrek van Overmars. Toen bleek dat er geen structuur was binnen de club. Een capabele vervanger liet extreem lang op zich wachten en Ajax was al die tijd stuurloos met een Van der Sar die (volgens geruchten) ervoor zorgde dat bijv. Kroes niet naar Ajax kwam en hij was denk ik ook de reden dat Bosz (die meer dan eens zei open te staan voor een rentree) geen optie was als trainer.

Magna Gloria I hope you're able to translate text above.

Long story short: We're dealing with massive mismanagement for over 2 years now and it seems that things haven't really changed yet. This is going to take years to recover from.

+2/-0

Deze normale topic is open en bestaat uit 1 pagina.

Ajax Forum » Algemeen Ajax forum » What's happening to Ajax? Benfica fan here.